Traces Nationales – Rules for Riders
- There are 2 to 6 bikes per team.
- All team members ride the whole distance (they don’t take turns).
- Teams choose their start place. Their finish place has to be the meeting place.
- Minimum distance 200 km, maximum distance 360 km.
- Start is possible from the day before the meeting, 00h00 (can be later).
- There is no minimal duration between start and finish.
- During the Trace, the duration of the rest stops is not limited.
- Deadline to arrive at the meeting is specified by each organizer.
- Teams must show up at the meeting to hand their cards over to the organizer.
- To be homologated, at least 2 bikes of the same team must finish.
- A high-visibility vest must be worn at night or other low-light conditions.
- Each rider receives a Trace card. A minimum of 3 controls, spaced at least 50 km apart, not including the start and finish controls, must be noted on the riders cards.
Traces Nationales – Rules for Organizers
- Flèche Organizers (or their ACP Contact Person) must notify ACP that a Trace is going to be run at the same time as the Flèche.
- Organizers print their own Trace cards (1 card per rider). Cards must be labelled with the words «homologated by Audax Club Parisien». Organizers must submit their model to ACP before printing.
- Organizers must ensure that Rules for Riders are respected. At the finish of the event, they must make sure that the riders cards are properly completed, and all controls validated.
- After the event, and no later than October 31, Organizers send their results to ACP. Please use the ACP results spreadsheet. Results include :
- Name of the Trace event; Organizer (with ACP club code); Meeting place; Meeting date
- For each team: Team name or number; Name of team captain; Start place; Start date and local time; Distance ridden (km)
- For each rider: name; forename; gender; club (with ACP club code)
- Tandems and all special bikes
- The Organizers (or their ACP Contact Person) must pay 1 € to ACP for each homologated rider. Payment will be made at the end of the year after receipt of the ACP annual invoice.
- Organizers are free to set the registration fee, while maintaining moderate prices. Traces Nationales are a non-profit organization.
- Organizers are fully responsible for their event. They must ensure that volunteers and participants are insured according to what is required by the sports law of their country, and, where required by law, make declarations (or applications for authorization) to the administrative authorities.
Traces Nationales – Homologations and Awards
The ACP issues 1 homologation number per rider. Homologation numbers are transmitted in electronic form to the Organizers (or their ACP Contact Person), at the end of the year.
The ACP prints 1 certificate per rider, with homologation number. Certificates are sent by post to the Organizers (or their ACP Contact Person), no later than early January of the following year.
3960 ancien chemin de Salernes
The Audax Club Parisien reserves the right to amend or modify these Rules at any time.
Original rules page: http://www.audax-club-parisien.com/EN/442 – Rules.html